We are committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our employees and all those who may be affected by our activities. Ozwide recognizes we often undertake work in potentially hazardous environments, however no job or task is worth risking an injury or life for. Our considered approach to risk management and hazard identification ensure we return home to our families at the end of each day.
As a trusted field services partner to numerous large-scale asset owners throughout Australia, we’ve been asked to find a better way for the past decade. We’ve developed newer, safer and more efficient ways of operating, collaborating and passing on this value to our clients. Our innovative practices are hard won and field-tested. We’ve done all of this, and much more before, and we’ll do it again.
Ozwide has a comprehensive and externally validated suite of safety and well-being policies and procedures that underpin the following activities:
- Ozwide aims to continually improve occupational health, safety and rehabilitation for all employees, whilst mitigating or eliminating health and safety risks with best practice training and resourcing
- Ozwide utilizes measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at eliminating work related injury and illness. Safe work is a shared responsibility -Every employee at Ozwide knows their role in maintaining a safety culture and is responsible for ensuring that these targets are met through the use of safe work practices and hazard identification
- Ozwide employees are provided with adequate training, information and instruction on the hazards associated with their work and safe techniques for performing the job. These processes are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect the differing environments and tasks our employees complete
- Ozwide provides safe plant, equipment and systems of work and the processes utilized to do so are ISO accredited
- Ozwide has developed strong internal protocols to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and industry standards
- Ozwide regularly consults with employees to ensure that Occupational Health Safety and Rehabilitation Plans, Policies and Procedures operate effectively.
- Ozwide management are not just responsible for ensuring safety processes are followed by staff-they are responsible for signifying the importance of these practices through the example they set and the development of a ‘safe work culture.’ This includes placing job safety and employee rehabilitation as the most important consideration in work planning and management practices